Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Portfolio Piece Thing 6 Adding VozMe link to blog

I found instructions at VozMe for Webmasters.  I wanted to include a text to speech button so users could listen to the blog posting if they wanted to. Now I know VozMe is not probably the best text to speech tool as far as fluent reading with proper stops in a sentence for breathing and punctuation but it gives another tool to help all people be able to access my blog. I did make one change to the directions. The original directions on line 3 said <div class='post footer'> but I wanted my readers to see this link when they first opened my blog posts, not when they have already looked at it.  I want to anticipate what my readers needs are, rather than giving them a resource when it is too late.  So I found <div class='post-header-line-1'/> instead and now there is a button that a reader can press to hear the post read to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment